From time to time you run across a book that is a must read. I think I might have found one here. The question is do you have KLOUT? If you know what I’m talking about then you’re on the right track and if you’re in business and don’t really know…then you need this book.
“The Secret to High Social Media Rankings: How to Get Klout is not only an excellent but an important read for general, business owners, marketers, social media specialists,anyone in the PR field, authors, radio personalities, coaches, politicians, musicians and anyone else who makes an impact on the public. You will find out from this ebook the significance of Klout, a tool that measures your social influence across the internet and gives an individual a score.
Below is an interview related to this new ebook!
1. The Secret of High Social Media Rankings – an interesting title! Take us on a journey and let’s start with what motivated you to write this book?
I wrote The Secret of High Social Media Rankings because the fact of the matter is, social media is extremely prevalent to the point that is it taking over not just traditional forms of advertising (radio, TV, print) but the first thing people do if they want to find out about you is to look at your social networks and activity. If you say you are a professional in a particular field but yet there is nothing that you have done online that shows that, no one will take you seriously. The fact of the matter is, what you do online spills onto your offline world. That is how prevalent social media is. Social media is a huge passion of mine and always has been. It took me a while to learn the proper methods of using it but once I learned, it helped me in so many ways that I wanted to help others as well. So I had written this ebook for partially that purpose but I wanted to also teach others how Klout comes into play, and what it is and the importance of it.
2. Share with us your background and where you gain the knowledge to write this work?
I have been involved in internet marketing since 2002, the same year my oldest was born. I hadlearned a lot about internet marketing as well as social media as time had progressed. I am also an astrologer, became certified in 2006 and had had written two other books in the New Age niche but not practicing astrology so much now since I am really focusing on my social media work. I did not do well selling those books initially anyway because the niche was toonarrow and I did not use social media properly to really work it. However since I learned plenty of tricks with social media along the way I have been more successful. However even though I love anything to do with astrology and spirituality, it is not my passion so much now. Social media is. I am also an owner of a business that provides SEO, social media, blogging services and mobile web design and marketing called Gemini Rising Ltd and that has been around since June 2011.
3. A book focused on Social Media Rankings – What are the differences between the leading Social Media offerings and which are most important?
Actually this book is based on Klout. Klout is a company based out of San Francisco that provides social media analytics to measure someone’s influence across major social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and LinkedIn. Klout measures your network size and more importantly how well others in your network respond to your output. Klout measures your engagement with others and if it is high, you are considered to be influential online. The reasonKlout is important is because what you do online spills over to your offline world (I realize I had already said that so you can edit that out if you want) considering that social media is prevalent now and that will continue on. If you are in the marketing, social media, SEO, coaching, writing field or if you are a business owner and professionally working with the public, having a high Klout score is very important. This could be a huge determining factor on whether or not you are given to speaking and guest blogging opportunities. If you are seeking a job in any of those fields, a big determining factor as well is your score in conjunction of your past experience. Having a high score can get you extra nice bonuses such as free hotel upgrades, meals, and other great free or discounted products. Not to mention if you are a business owner, in a matter of time, sooner rather than later, potential clients and customers will be looking at your scores (if they are not already) to see how engaging you truly are. If you are a business owner especially in a field where any kind of marketing is involved and you have a low Klout score, it is an indication that you really are not engaging online which is what a client who wants to hire you is looking for. That alone could get them to search onward for a competitor who may be more active and engaging online.
4. If you were to choose only one concept out of your book to share with our audience, what would it be?
Because social media is so prevalent now, people really need to know how to use social media in a proper way and understand effective methods that will encourage others in their networks to interact with them on a regular basis. I cover the basics in this ebook of what needs to be done in order to be successful with social media which will increase anyone’s Klout score.
5. Obviously people of both genders can benefit from this material, but do you find that men more than women or women more than men can adopt your program more successfully?
It does not matter in regards to gender is concerned. Anyone, male or female would benefit from this book who are in marketing, social media, SEO, web design, coaching, writing, politics, music, art, or any professional field as well as business owners where the public is dealt with on a professional level. More importantly if you want to be considered influential in your field, you must read this book.
6. What makes The Secret of High Social Media Rankings so powerful?
I cover the important aspects of not just what social media is but HOW to work with it properly.
7. What three benefits would you list as being of value for those who read and apply The Secret of Social Media Rankings?
1. Readers will understand how closely they are being watched and learn how to make the best of it it, if someone is applying for a job in marketing or wanting to get a guest speaking opportunity- they need to realize they could easily be turned down for it if they are not considered to be influential enough.
2. Readers will gain a true understanding of why social media is so important and how to make the best use of it.
3. Business owners can learn tricks along the way on how to be more influential than their competitors which could help them steal away their clients/customers.
8. There are quite a few Social Media experts touting books, what makes your book different and a must read?
I can’t say I have read every social media book around but I am not sure how many authors of social media books have gone into detail of how to be influential and engaging on their social networks and WHY it is important to do so.
9. Assume you were directing your next response to those in media – what the one take away that readers should gain from your book?
How to get Klout and be truly influential in their fields over others!
This is a must read book! Here’s the link: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Social-Media-Rankings-ebook/dp/B009SZ2RV8/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1354596504&sr=8-14&keywords=klout