Richard Fabozzi is an outstanding Speaker, Entertainer and Author. His new book “The Joy Quotient” is filled with visual and written pieces of inspiration that brings JOY to those who read. I’ve had the opportunity to interview Richard – which follows – but most important is you’d love JOY in your life pick up a copy of THE JOY QUOTIENT.
- Richard, you’ve written a book entitled “The Joy Quotient” tell my readers a bit about your book. The full title of the book is, “The Joy Quotient – Discover Your Joy Level And Be Inspired By 101 Photoquotes About Joy.” The title kind of sums it all up. Also, the reader can get the full gist of the book in only 10 – 15 minutes. Whether the reader spends fifteen minutes or two hours on the book, they will find the book inspiring and thought provoking.
- What was your motivation in writing this book? This book evolved from my presenting seminars and workshops for several years on “Joy.” I wanted readers to be inspired and encouraged and consequently have more Joy in their lives.
- Interesting you ask readers of your book to do a Joy Quotient Assessment, where did that originate and what do you think the benefit is from doing the assessment? The Joy Quotient Assessment originated from realizing that this would be a great learning tool for the attendees of my Joy seminars and workshops. Something structured that would require them to be highly focused and deeply introspective. There are multiple benefits from doing the assessment. By knowing their Joy Quotient, readers discover the level of Joy in their lives at any given time, learn how well they really know, understand and appreciate themselves. It also heightens their level of self-awareness.
- You share a variety of quotes along with stunning pictures. Which of those quotes is most meaningful to you? Ghandi’s quote, “Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy.”
- What do you hope the reader will gain from your book? Brian Tracy, Professional Speaker, Best Selling Author, Entrepreneur and Success Expert summed it up best when he said, ”What gives you joy? This warm, wonderful, inspirational book shows you what it is and how to fill your life with it.”
- Many seem to lack joy in their lives, what advice can you give folks that will increase their joy and potential meaning in their lives? In addition to thoroughly reviewing their Joy Quotient Assessment and taking positive action, to truly “get” what Ghandi said in the above quote; to ponder the words of motivational guru Tony Robbins, “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.”
- A number of my readers are in the media, so as we conclude this interview – what two things would you want them to know about the uniqueness of your service? I always make my audience members the “Stars” and all my services are highly interactive experiences with high content and high entertainment.